I Am Clever


A Fine Line - Between Chaos and Creation

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy; I don't mind, I think they're crazy...

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Day Three Hundred Fifty-Six (Aka: In Which A Comic Strip Is Born)
So my brother Yvan and I were talking about a weird YouTube video we'd seen a few days ago that I found by accident, which included a really weird form of animation/the creepiest Santa we'd ever seen.  He proceeded to attempt to describe it to another brother yesterday by rendering it in his own style, turning it into a weird doodle on our communal kitchen whiteboard, like so:


This then sparked a conversation about how he looked like a corpse, which somehow led to Yvan drawing a suit on him, and the idea of a comic/animation about a guy called Dead Boss was born.  It was sort of a Dilbert-meets-Weekend At Bernie's idea - everyone knows that the boss is dead, but they still interact with him anyway, and expect him to do stuff.

This then led to me drawing a bunch of comics for this, in my own horrible style (which apparently, according to my artist brother, makes it that much funnier - simply because they're so bad).  I take 75% of the credit for the ideas for the comics, as I actually came up with most of them myself.  The other 25% was me bouncing ideas off of Yvan.  Maybe in the new year, I'll post them weekly or something.

In the meantime, have a sampling of Dead Boss:





3 French hens...


Log in

No account? Create an account